Friday, August 21, 2009

Giving The 'Purple One' His Props

Some peeps in the transgender community have a longstanding love-hate relationship with Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA). He has been at times a major impediment to transpeople being included in ENDA.

Many of us, myself included still haven't forgotten and are still pissed about the 2007 ENDA debacle in which he was a major player.

So I was a little taken aback when I heard that the Democratic congressmember who smacked down conservaidiocy at his recent health care town hall meeting was none other than the 'Purple One' himself.



I've been one of his more vehement critics here at TransGriot and elsewhere over the last decade because of the ENDA debate.

I have to give Rep. Barney Frank his props on this one. This is the way that ALL Democrats should have been calling out the conservafools when this faux outrage at their town hall meetings first started.

No comments: